Yes. You knew this was coming. After seeing the Dark Knight Rises Bane became Gothams favorite villian. Okay, maybe he has to battle it out with The Joker but holy shitballs, Tom Hardy did a great job as Bane!
All over the internets Batman fans are trying to make the best Bane masks for upcoming Halloween. And without a doubt, Bane will be the most seen costume. But Esquire UK has got their hands on the best DIY Bane mask yet and it’s really simple! Follow the instructions below or peep the video!
- First thing you need to do is buy a cup. No, not a paper drinking cup. I mean a cup, as in a plastic helmet for your nuts. This is the main part of the mask.
- Next, buy a fetish mask with a hole by the mouth. Superglue or hot glue the cup upside down onto the fetish mask. This is your main mask base.
- Now go to your local hardware store and buy thin plastic tubing. Also, grab some nuts and nipples of various sizes (yes, apparently they are called that).
- Cut the tubing into various small sizes, slip on some nuts and nipples, and glue them securely to the tubing.
- Then glue both ends of the tubing to the mask. If you do this a few times, it will look like your mask has a real-looking ventilation system. I added two long plastic tubes that I glued at the top of the cup and ran up the mask, over my head.
- When everything is dry, you’re ready to paint. The cup gets a navy-silver metallic colour (as do the two overhead tubes). Add black lines on the tubes to give the illusion of 3D ridges. The mask tubes look cool in a dark, metallic silver.
- Since the mask will be front-heavy, add strong Velcro to the back straps of the fetish headset to secure it to your head. Also, you’ll probably want to add padding to the inside of the mask where it sits on your nose because it will be heavy.
- Finish the costume with a green-coloured army vest, black cargo pants, a right glove, and a leather jacket. Shave your head or find a bald friend and you got yourself a sick Bane costume.